• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Explanation on my recent "rare" appearances

I'm sorry for having been so rare lately, everyone. Last week was an extremely hectic week, and the way the week ended was even worse.

For everyone who believes in a deity, please keep my mom in your prayers. For everyone who doesn't, please have good thoughts for her.

Last Thursday she called me (from Germany, that's where the rest of my family lives) to tell me she had hurt/injured her back, and that she had a referral to an orhtopedic. However, her appointment wasn't scheduled until mid May. My mom will be 83 next month, BTW, and she's always been quite healthy.

Sunday morning at 4AM my sister called me to inform us that my mother was being taken to the hospital. That's all she knew. My other sister had contacted her and told her "just" that.

To make a very long story short, as of 1 hour ago I learned that my mother has a broken spine (somewhere between the 2nd and 6th vertebrae). She's already talking about wanting to be "put to sleep", and being thousands of miles away from her, and hearing things like that make me want to lose my mind.

I am around everyone, just a lot on mind lately. Thank you for listening.

---
Wendy

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Wendy, so sorry to hear about your mom. I can't imagine hearing that news and being so far from her. Well, I can't imagine hearing that news, LET ALONE being that far away. I'm sure it makes you want to fly to her side.

{{{Hugs}}} and prayers headed her way.

Thank you so much, Phyl. Your prayers and hugs are very much appreciated.

I honestly don't know how I'm holding it together - my husband and kids are my strenght right now. I hate having to tell Alex those kind of news over the phone, but then again - that's how I got them, too. :(

If I wasn't so busy (with upcoming college, track-meets, proms, injuries from the kids, etc.) I'd probably go nuts.

Hugging my dogs, who are picking up on my mood helps tremendously during the day when I'm by myself. My birds pick up on it too, but they want to be left alone when I'm all tensed up.

When Alex comes home I'm sure we'll talk about me flying to Germany. Right now I'm not ready to go for numerous reasons. Of course that can change at any given moment.

---
Wendy

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Sorry to hear that Wendy. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

We're local so we can help feed fish and birds and dogs and spiders and whatever else you may need fed!

Again - thank you all very much. :)

Alex (hubby) and I talked a long time last night. His first response was that I should go to Germany. After discussing it at lenght, I've decided against it - for now.

I have 2 sisters, ages 54 and 53. The younger of the two lives across the street from my mother, the other one lives in the town where the she is hospitalized (about 10 miles away). My sisters do not get along, never have, never will, and that's as much as I'm going to say about this soap opera. ;) At this point I will not put myself in the middle and "play" mediator. I NEED my family right here right now much more than I need any more drama. I hope that makes sense.

Nobody contacted me today to let me know how my mom is doing, but I do rely on my oldest sister to inform me immediately if there are any changes - therefore I take no news as good news.

Again - thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

---
Wendy

Makes all the sense in the world. I've been through the family drama thing before. I feel that pain. And it just gets worse when there is a crisis.

Good thoughts your way!

Thank you all very much.

Here's a little update on my mom:
She started physical therapy 2 days ago, but naturally is in severe pain. The doctor told her she needs to keep herself much better hydrated, she doesn't drink nearly enough water/liquids and therefore needs a saline IV daily.

IF she begins to cooperate she could be out of the hospital as early as next week. Once home she will continue physical therapy, but she will have to be cared for. Let's see how that will work out.

---
Wendy

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I've got my fingers crossed for her cooperation. Glad she's doing ok. How are YOU holding up?

Phyl said:
I've got my fingers crossed for her cooperation. Glad she's doing ok. How are YOU holding up?

Thanks you both so much.

I have good days and bad days, Phyl. Yesterday was definitely a good day, and I am determined to keep my head up. I try and stay busy, but as soon as the phone rings I shudder each and every time. :(

---
Wendy

An update:
I hadn't talked to anyone in Germany in a week, meaning nobody bothered calling me. I did try and call - nobody picked up.

Today I got a hold of my oldest sister.

My mother is the same. There's no change.

I am extremely frustrated and saddened that my family doesn't find it necessary to keep me up to date on my mother's condition. They have phones just like I do, is it really that difficult to pick up that receiver and dial? If they don't want to do that, why not email me? GRRRR.

Sorry about the rant. :(

---
Wendy