• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

External Pumps

I am looking at these pumps;
Little Giant 4MDQ-SC
Iwaki MD 40RLT
PanWorld PW-100PX
Gen-X/Mak 4
Of these I have only owned one, and it was a Little Giant 3MDQ-SC and I used it for a canister filter and I was happy with it.
Price is realy not an issue, but I don't want to spend more than I have to on the Iwaki if the others are of the same quality.
I am going to be using the pump on an ETSS 600 Pro skimmer, and they recomend the Gen-X/Mak4, Little Giant and the Iwaki.
Thank you for your experience and help.

C

concept3

I've used the Iwakis, very reliable and I had one run semi-dry on me yesterday for almost 2 hours, no issues knock on wood. For a skimmer, I would recommend a pressure rated pump.

I Love my Poseidon! It's dead silent, runs like a charm - I take it apart to clean it every 2-3 months. It does add about 2 degrees to my tank, but I don't run my heater very often, so it's not really a problem. In the summer I run a small fan across my sump which keeps the temps in line.

Have a Pan World running since September, no issues. I have it as a return from the basement and I actually had to close the valve to restrict the flow, this thing is incredible. Some noise from it, not completely silent, but for power you need to give in somewhere.

Thank you all for your input. I realy appricate it.
I have decided, and I have ordered the PanWorld 100PX.
I will try this and let you know how it works out.
I will use a Mag 12 for the return.
Thank You Again,
Michael.