• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

F/S 60G cube

Story. I bought this tank and couldn't go look at it before I paid for it so I sent a friend to get it for me and inspect it. To my buddy's stndards the the is find but I don't have the time to sit there polishing the acrylic. so I have to get it out of the house asap. Or the wife will throw it in the garbage with me behind it.

This needs some TLC. So buyer beware. I'm just trying to recoup some of my money and I'll deal with the original owner to get the rest because his description was way off!.

$90 obo takes it. It comes with stand and canopy and all the plumbing to get it running again. I will include a acrylic polishing kit for you to fix the scratches.

P1010120.jpg

P1010118.jpg

P1010119.jpg

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
IF (big if, of course) you wanted to donate it to the club, we'll try to make it presentable so that it can be raffled off and put to good use. Just a thought if you can't get rid of it otherwise.

Phyl,
What gets me more than this guy's with his way off base description of the tank is the fact that my friend didn't call me when he saw the condition of the tank. He knows how I am...one small scratch on my tank and I get upset and cry about it for days..
If someone sends me to pick up a tnak for them I will call you and describe the condition of the tank before I take delivery of it... but that's just me.
now the jerk give me a lame excuse that he didn't noticed these things and is giving me a hard time about taking the stuff back or giving me partial money back.
Lesson learned! I loose more faith in people with every transaction. That those not include anyone from this site. I have had nothing but good dealigns here.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Jf2381 said:
Phyl,
What gets me more than this guy's with his way off base description of the tank is the fact that my friend didn't call me when he saw the condition of the tank. He knows how I am...one small scratch on my tank and I get upset and cry about it for days..
If someone sends me to pick up a tnak for them I will call you and describe the condition of the tank before I take delivery of it... but that's just me.

You and me both. I can't imagine taking delivery for someone else without describing any possible imperfection!

Jf2381 said:
now the jerk give me a lame excuse that he didn't noticed these things and is giving me a hard time about taking the stuff back or giving me partial money back.
Lesson learned! I loose more faith in people with every transaction. That those not include anyone from this site. I have had nothing but good dealigns here.

And we hope to keep it that way. Good luck resolving the tank issue. Hopefully he'll take it back and put you out of your misery. I guess we're not upgrading as soon as we thought then, huh?

Thanks. I want it out. I don't want to look at it. lol

I will take a frag of Blastos wellsi for it or a couple of different frags of milliporas.

A friend that builds sumps and tanks out of acrylic just informed me that I should trash the tank because in the long run it wouldn't be safe to have this running.

Stand and canopy is available for $40 and the tank is free but at your own risk.

Phyl said:
Did he say why it wouldn't be safe?

The edges are coming apart. I took the tank out site a few minute ago and he was right. Water started spraying out of the left corner.
I think the guy must have lifted the tank the wrong way. He denies it and claims he grabbed it from the bottom but I don't agree with him.
I filed a disput with paypal hopefully I caught the money before he transfered it to his bank account. Let him explain it to them.