• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Fading Acro....

I have a relitivly new Acro in my tank that has started to fade bad. Should I put that higher in my tank or lower? I figured that meant it was too much light so I moved it lower. The tank I bought it out of it was sitting at the bottom. What does everyone else think?

eholceker

NJRC Member
could be a normal response. Is it fading at the tips? from the bottom up? what do you mean by fading? washed out colors? complete bleaching?

It looks like complete bleaching starting at the tips and working its way down. It actually looks like the living tissue is coming off of it.

Put it on the lower light.. If its new the its probably stress out. If it continues the clip the bleaching part. I have one Acro before that does the same thing and I clipped the top part and now it looks healthy as ever...

steve

C

concept3

burnt tips can also mean higher than normal alkalinity than what it was originally used to. light also does play a factor, but it will slightly bleach out first, you will still see some kind of polyp extension. keep us updated if lower light helped :D and check that alk.