• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Favorite Tang

Your top 4 Tangs

• Purple

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Yellow

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Desjardini

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Powder Brown

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Orange Shoulder

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Blonde Naso

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Hippo

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Mimic Eibli

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Achilles

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I like the temperament of my yellow tang.
I like the look of the purple tang.
I like the naso because they are always active. Swimming back and forth
I like the personality of the hippo

I like the algae eating ability of the desjardini.
I have found the desjardini to also be a calm fish.

David@wegetkraken

Area Local Reef Club
Hey are you back.... how was Hawaii. Nice job sending the videos. Made us less fortunate feel like we were there. Lol
Lol, yes made it back Sunday morning. And glad you enjoyed the videos! If you ever get the chance make that trip. It is truly incredible.

David@wegetkraken

Area Local Reef Club
I like the temperament of my yellow tang.
I like the look of the purple tang.
I like the naso because they are always active. Swimming back and forth
I like the personality of the hippo

I like the algae eating ability of the desjardini.
I have found the desjardini to also be a calm fish.
Desjardini, Hippo, Powder Brown and Blonde Naso are the ones I'm leaning towards for latest build. Thanks for the insights!

I’d like to add that my yellow eyed kole tang (I call him Nat King) is a fine looking fish. Eats algae all day long and is an extremely entertaining fish (follows who ever is looking in the tank and displays his fins). And is not aggressive towards tank mates
D73E7742-061B-4639-B982-CB222D33BBCB.jpeg

David@wegetkraken

Area Local Reef Club
I’d like to add that my yellow eyed kole tang (I call him Nat King) is a fine looking fish. Eats algae all day long and is an extremely entertaining fish (follows who ever is looking in the tank and displays his fins). And is not aggressive towards tank mates
View attachment 25224
Gorgeous! I have a Tomini in the 120 and he is equally handsome. Since the new build is going to house a couple of Triggers and a Puffer I have excluded all Ctenochaetus. Afraid they won't be able to hang with larger predators and could end up snacks.

Gorgeous! I have a Tomini in the 120 and he is equally handsome. Since the new build is going to house a couple of Triggers and a Puffer I have excluded all Ctenochaetus. Afraid they won't be able to hang with larger predators and could end up snacks.
Smart... good decision. Couldn’t help but bring up my little buddy. But yea. Don’t think I’d want him in with the big guys.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
View attachment 25224

Yeah this is my go to fish for frag tanks. They stay small for a long time and the keep the clean. Always pecking at rocks or glass and frag plugs. Kole tank/ 6 line wrasse/fox face /file fish that I move around.

David@wegetkraken

Area Local Reef Club
Interested is hearing from all the Yellow Tang voters. Only going to have one Zebrasoma and the Desjardini to me is a lot more interesting. Why the Yellow Tang love? Purples are cool too, but notorious aholes.

For me. The yellow tang is simply a classic. There vibrant yellow color is outstanding. There are other yellow fish but to me they are king of the yellows and being constant grazers certainly doesn’t hurt. Pair that with a blue or purple tang and the contrast makes each of them pop a little more. It’s no wonder why you see that combination in so many tanks. Of course the truth is there is no wrong pick. All of them are spectacular looking fish

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Will Elizabeth create a Tank Build? :) Any date sent yet for delivery?

she...i mean..I...will make a build thread once we begin..ill take some before and after pictures of the basement this week. elizabeth is more focused on the decorations for the room!! hahahahaa!! no word yet on delivery date, which is fine since theres a lot of work to be done.