• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Feather Dusters

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I 'have spirorbid worms a plenty and have had small feather dusters as hitchhikers on rock before and they eventually disappeared. I just found one in my DT with a half inch tube- nothing too exciting as far as color, but nice to see. I see them offered for sale online- some with nice colors. Wondering if anyone has had/have them and what experience you've had- do they live long? multiply, any special requirements

Not hard to keep, they are filter feeders so depending on how you feed your other lives stock, you might not to do anything to keep them outside stable water, and low nitrates. Plus nothing that eats them.

Salted

NJRC Member
I had a pink feather duster for a while. Got it for my wife (anything pink or purple). It was easily 3" in dia. Very pretty piece. It was gone within 3 days of my CBB going in the tank.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I had a pink feather duster for a while. Got it for my wife (anything pink or purple). It was easily 3" in dia. Very pretty piece. It was gone within 3 days of my CBB going in the tank.
Would love a CBB, but maybe I'll settle for a feather duster lol

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
if I'm correct, wrasses will make an expensive meal out of it.

Mine lasted 2 weeks after adding a harlequin tusk. The body was tucked inside a crevice, so wast able to remove it, lol.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Oh boy! Didn't know that. I have two wrasses to be shipped to me next week from TSM
I think it might depend on the type of wrasse and available food- but what do I know lol- my melanurus has only been in the tank for a couple of weeks

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I used to do 5ml of Redsea AB+ with a small splash of Marine Snow (or phyto) and/or a pinch of Goni-powder, olive optional.
Worked wonders for all the filters in the tank, as well as the pod population.