• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Feeding a RBTA

if you have good lighting once every couple days give it something no larger than it's mouth. I feed mine krill, silversides and clam

I would feed my fish with Thera A pellets over my RBTAs. The anemones would just catch whatever the fish missed. Be careful feeding them large chunks of food. Although they may eat it at first it's not uncommon for them to expel the food later and stress them out. I lost an RBTA feeding it whole small cocktail shrimp. That's when I switched to the pellets and had great success.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Do you have clowns in your tank? Our picaso false percs fed the bubble tip we had in with them until it committed suicide, and now the female feeds our frogspawn.

I will be getting a pair of percs soon. Currently I have only the rbta and a juvie yellow tail damsel in the 20 tall. The lighting is a current 2x65 watt (10,000k & actinic) pc, I'm going to swith to T5HO soon. I am feeding New Life Spectrum pellets, Reef Flakes and frozen Marine Cuisine, by San Fransisco Bay Brands. Nitrates and nitrites have both hit 0 ppm, so I'm ready for more livestock. I would like to add a juvie pair of percs and and a clown goby. I'll move the yellow tail damsel to a 45 I'll be cycling soon. How long do you guys think I'll be able to keep a pair of percs in a tank that small?

mnat said:
Do you have clowns in your tank? Our picaso false percs fed the bubble tip we had in with them until it committed suicide, and now the female feeds our frogspawn.