• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

FENG claims he has water that wont cyle

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Brando457 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't 99% of the good bacteria we want in our tanks found on the rocks and other media. Thus regardless of the water it shouldn't have an affect on the cycle, EXCEPT that it contains nitrates and other items in the water that we want to remove (hence a water change).

Correct on all counts...

curt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Hey if someone wants to pay the guy to do water changes.More power to him. If someone wants my old water come and get it.

howze01

NJRC Member
curt said:
Hey if someone wants to pay the guy to do water changes.More power to him. If someone wants my old water come and get it.

Same thing I thought. Leave it to Feng to make $$ off his water changes! Now I know why he can sell his frags so cheap!

There is too much bad stuff floating around in the water column for me to take water from someones tank and put it in to mine for a wc. When u buy a fish or frag, u never put that water into your tank. Too much chance of parasites, fw's, ich, all of that stuff can b introduced into your tank by doing this. Also like said above, most of the good stuff is at a low in this water and the bad stuff at a high. It just wont compare to mixing up a fresh batch of sw

I agree that just putting someones use water in a tank dose absolutely nothing but add all the bad stuff you are trying to get rid of. Also back in the late 70's early 80's if you wanted to seed your tanks most fish stores I dealt with would put some graveout of the bottom of there tank and "GIVE" it to you not sell it ???