• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Fengs Update

Stopped by Feng's this weekend to help out with some planning and networking as well as build out of a quarantine system for incoming fish.

Feng's New opening date is scheduled to be Directly After the new year. Fish and Corals are coming in weekly and getting acclimated and setup for sale (Wait till you guys SEE some of this stuff). Paint is up on the Walls and the Frag Tanks. The Coral System and Fish system is built out.

Feng has sourced a new way of quarantining incoming corals that is cost effective and simple. The same for Fish and inverts.

Initial Shipments are coming in from RedSea - Bali - and Australia... with Christmas Island and FIJI at a later time. I am working with Feng to maybe have a Re-Opening Bash/Sale at the new store to Ring in the New Year so save up your Christmas money kids. Just a heads up that our local buddy is not down and out and is gearing up for a stellar new year.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I am excited to hear about this! hopefully my tank can survive its current situation to make it out for this opening!

Without Divulging Propriety info

Fish will be proactively treated with PraziPro and tradesecret sauces to treat most known Diseases. The Fish System is 100% isolated from the Coral system and taking into account Copper sensitive fishes the system can be treated Via HYPO and run in a Hyposaline environment proven to disrupt the lifecycle of various Saltwater pests. Lighting over the Fish system has been upgraded to Bright LED lighting that will showcase the fish.

Any Fish displaying any weakness or health issues will be removed from the system and treated in a remote location (basement) until they are show quality again.

Fish will be fed food laced with immune boosting and antibiotic laden ingredients. The objective is to use pharmaceutical grade ingredients to treat fish inside and out laced into their food.

Kanamycin - Antibiotics
Metronidazole - for Parasites
Praziquantel - for internal worms.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Without Divulging Propriety info

Fish will be proactively treated with PraziPro and tradesecret sauces to treat most known Diseases. The Fish System is 100% isolated from the Coral system and taking into account Copper sensitive fishes the system can be treated Via HYPO and run in a Hyposaline environment proven to disrupt the lifecycle of various Saltwater pests. Lighting over the Fish system has been upgraded to Bright LED lighting that will showcase the fish.

Any Fish displaying any weakness or health issues will be removed from the system and treated in a remote location (basement) until they are show quality again.

Fish will be fed food laced with immune boosting and antibiotic laden ingredients. The objective is to use pharmaceutical grade ingredients to treat fish inside and out laced into their food.

Kanamycin - Antibiotics
Metronidazole - for Parasites
Praziquantel - for internal worms.

sounds great, i loved his livestock options and prices. he always had something unique in every time i visited.

it's open lots of angel and anthias, couple of CB and clowns, but he usually open around 1 pm if you're looking for sps still waiting for the shipment but lots of softies..

I was there 2 weeks ago and he wasn't open and all the tanks were still empty. I will have to swing by there this week.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I was there last night, he is still working on a couple of things and waiting on shipments. He said 2 weeks is when he will expect to have everything set up.

yea i have been there plenty of times in his old spot. i even saw his place when it was still in the contstruction phaze. he always has great stuff with great prices.

Lostinthedark

NJRC Member
Does anyone up that way know if Fengs will be open this weekend? I have a rare Saturday off and wanted to treat myself to a small road trip.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Does anyone up that way know if Fengs will be open this weekend? I have a rare Saturday off and wanted to treat myself to a small road trip.

give him a call and see if he will be around, I was there a couple of weeks back and he was still setting things up. I am not sure if he has gotten any new shipments in.