• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

few photos of my current fish tank

few photos of my current fish tank. excute me for micro floater. those are micro bubble :)
these photos just taken a few hours ago

DSC_1382.jpg

DSC_1302.jpg
anyone know the name of this coral?
DSC_1449.jpg

DSC_1272.jpg
ISO 3200 is very noisy
DSC_1460.jpg

DSC_1357.jpg

Equipment: Nikon D300 with Tamron 180mm set on ball head + tripod
Camera Setting: Aperature Priority; WB on AUTO + WB adjustment to warm; Meter set on Center Weight 13% circle; Auto Focus Continuous; Shutter Button set to Continuous High; ISO 800; F5.

HAHA i remember when that tank was empty sitting on your floor! Looks good oliver. pics came out great, When can you take pics of my tank?

R

reseter5

nice pics.... notice the pearly white substrate..lol.. thats a clean tank...

Wow - that is some eye popping color, Oliver. Especially the mandarin creeping under that phenominal zoo rock and the first firefish shot.

I work about ten minutes from your place. Perhaps I could be so lucky to visit your place someday and get a few pointers on taking shots. I am actually getting ready to buy a camera in the next month or so. I would be happy to reimburse you in part with a frag of a bright pink birdsnest, if that interests you.

boontonbob said:
Wow - that is some eye popping color, Oliver. Especially the mandarin creeping under that phenominal zoo rock and the first firefish shot.

I work about ten minutes from your place. Perhaps I could be so lucky to visit your place someday and get a few pointers on taking shots. I am actually getting ready to buy a camera in the next month or so. I would be happy to reimburse you in part with a frag of a bright pink birdsnest, if that interests you.

Bob,
just stop by my house anytime (let me know first or my wife will frick out :)) after work. You don't need to pay me anything back for such a member get together. I happy to show you my camera and let you play with it. I definitely frag the blue tubb and other corals for the club raffle at the meeting (i have 5 different type of coral colonies right now)

My god that is a beautiful tank!...I am quite reassured that my clownfish are going to an amazing home...was great meeting you today!!!

DSC_3282.jpg

DSC_3281.jpg

DSC_3280.jpg

DSC_3278.jpg

RBTA somehow loose it redness. something is wrong with my water but can not figure it out. PO4 is high at this point. I try to bring it down to .03 but can not meet that objective. large water change weekly now.

FIS_1711.jpg

FIS_1696.jpg

FIS_1699.jpg

GregW said:
Great shots Oliver. Any eggs from the clowns?

no, they stop all of that courting after I move them into my DT. Is it becuase I have more fishes in DT that distract them?. I don't know why

*grins*...look at how healthy my babies look!!!...thank you for taking such good care of them Olivier!!...give them time...I have confidence they will spawn again for you!....maybe they miss me..*grins*

what are you feeding them?...they loved new life spectrum cichlid formulae...the 1mm sinking pellets....they would also eat rods food on ocassion, but seemed to prefer the pellets...I'm not sure it is a fish distraction, because I had them in the 55 with several other fish...and they were sociable...would hang out with the yellow tang on ocassion...they would lay eggs right up against the side glass panel