• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Fighting Conch? Any LFS carry them?

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows of any LFS that carries fighting conch in the area (monmouth county) or near Summit NJ! Thanks!

If ACC doesn't have or can't get, I'd also call Petco in Brick-ask for Andrew, he can tell you if they can order any.

My original fighting conch (from Tropiquarium, I miss that place) grew too large and wedged itself between the rock and the glass--and I set up initially making sure the rock work was set back from the wall, it just got too big.
I now have a tiger conch I picked up from ACC at the Jackson NJRC event last year, and they don't get as big. I like the tiger conch better-just as effective in cleaning the sand, but doesn't bulldoze coral on the sanded, doesn't get as big, and it's a nice looking invert. I've even found it climbing the wall with its foot when algae is hard to come by-pretty crazy (and then of course I know I have to feed more).

@Haus I was so sad when I heard that place got shut down I used to go there all the time. I'll look into a tiger conch as well I'll probably just get whatever is available!

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I called around and found one at ocean gallery I never been there, but I'll be in the area anways later today I'm excited to check them out!

Lol I was going to tell you that ocean gallery has them. I got two from them. I thought it would be to far for you.
while you are there you can also check out reefco

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
If you're down in Ocean County shore area...
Saw a couple at ACC on Saturday.
Andrew in Petco Brick can probably order them for you.

man i'm so out of it. Tropiquarium closed eh? it was a huge retail space. I remember when I first moved to NJ years ago and went to that place...it was 1000x bigger (literally) than anything i'd seen in NY.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
man i'm so out of it. Tropiquarium closed eh? it was a huge retail space. I remember when I first moved to NJ years ago and went to that place...it was 1000x bigger (literally) than anything i'd seen in NY.

yeah actually I’m the end that’s what killed them. Most LFS that are surviving are small stores that Use space wisely. These stores have low over head and operating cost.
That large pet store will get killed by amazon and the rent for that space.