• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Fios Installation

Hello there,

Damn I am so happy now.. Finally got my FIOS triple play.. Phone, TV ( premier, movies, etc ) and Internet for 95.00 for 1 year. The installation was flawless, and the speeds, quality of tv and phone clarity are amazing, even the remote controls are comfy.. Removed all cable and copper from the house, so now all I have is just one power and one Fiber. Technology is so awesome.. Internet speeds are:

Download Speed: 20781 kbps (2597.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 4537 kbps (567.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

Anyone Else Fios Enabled out there? What do you think?

http://www22.verizon.com/Content/ConsumerFiOS/ - information on what it is

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
"I must be so monumetally uninformed" (can anyone name the movie?). I have no idea what you're talking about! I used to be so on top of these things and now I'm just so early 90's. . . .

I assume you have to be in one of those towns that has changed over to fiber optic lines, right? It's not something you can just go out and upgrade to is it?

Good luck with it and keep us posted.

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
I have Cablevisions Boost. Boost gives you your own website, Dynamitic DNS and the 30 MB downloads like Fios Verizon.
I like the $95 a month for the FIOS I'm past the first year with Cablevision and its up to 150 with all three. I wonder how much FIOS will be after year one.

Couple of my co-workers have the fios. Everyone says its cool.

Now since I upgraded to FIOS I will be selling my REAL FIREWALL -

http://aztekcomputers.com/detail.php/part_num/526023

Mine is a 10 user plus 2 so 12 users unit, wireless, plus 8 ports on the back and an OPTIONAL lan, so you can have 2 seperate networks at the same time on one unit. The only thing expired is the ability to download updates for it ( which happen like every 3 years years ) has expired. It only lasts one year and you can renew it anyhow if you want to. MINT CONDITION!

I will sell it for 225.00 (FIRM) no other offers. I paid 370.00 for it just over a year ago. That is 140.00 off retail. I think that is pretty reasonable for a REAL HARDWARE FIREWALL.

Its all about the upload to us server people / gamers / web designers etc... I care more about the upload then the download. Speed wise If you pull something off my server or view my website on fios it will be super fast loading. Otherwise most companies ( not so much optimum at 1 MEG Upload ) are around 384k or maybe 500k which is only about 40-60k per minute.. SLOWWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.. Unless you need the upload speed and want to save money there is no reason to get fios. I went from Comcast and 110.00 ( on promo going up to 180 on april 17th ) plus a 42.00 a moth phone bill down to 95.00 a month for the next year, so it was a great savings for me in addition to the great speeds.

fios kicks butt!!!! (although i bias as i work there :) ), i have a cable modem now and would switch in a second, if you do any downloads or uploads you cant live without it, also the video picture is alot better than comcast

Subliminal

NJRC Member
Ok, that's funny.

I currently pay $50/month for my Patriot Media Internet

I get about 2k up and 12k down

It might not be quite as fast, but I can grab an entire DVD (~5GB) in a scant few hours, and an album (~100MB) in roughly 2 or 3 minutes.

Can't really complain about that.

;)