• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

First ICP Test Results are in ! Help !

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
Gotta tell ya. In this rare case, I hope your wrong. I mean if the “professional level” ICP test is a little skewed. And we are trusting the hobby grade kit over that ICP test. Then what’s the point. However. Sounds like either way a second test is in order... if you don’t trust the DKH results you got from ICP than how can we trust the other aspects of the same test.
Verdict is in!!!

I guess after my last outbreak of dinos and loss of 3 stony corals my intake of alk went down. The 11.2 was in fact true. I've since lowered my dose and we will see what happens.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Gotta tell ya. In this rare case, I hope your wrong. I mean if the “professional level” ICP test is a little skewed. And we are trusting the hobby grade kit over that ICP test. Then what’s the point. However. Sounds like either way a second test is in order... if you don’t trust the DKH results you got from ICP than how can we trust the other aspects of the same test.

Icp on alk is very strong. His alk is high and he might have a problem with his test kits. I believe the guys with lab coats. High alk 11 or 12 you have people that keep their alk that high with no damage or dead corals. When BRS did a test corals frags grow better at 11-12 alk.
Red Sea pro mixes at 11-12 alk.
I personally run my alk at 8.
High alk didn’t kill your corals. The problem is you alk wasn’t consistent.
Going from 7-8 to 11-12 that up and down doesn’t help corals.

Last edited:

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
Icp on alk is very strong. His alk is high and he might have a problem with his test kits. I believe the guys with lab coats. High alk 11 or 12 you have people that keep there alk that high with no damage or dead corals. When BRS did a test corals frags grow better at 11-12 alk.
Red Sea pro mixes at 11-12 alk.
I personally run my alk at 8.
High alk didn’t kill your corals. The problem is you alk wasn’t consistent.
Going from 7-8 to 11-12 that up and down doesn’t help corals.
Good point ! Need to make sure it doesn't happen again !

Thanks all! Fingers crossed tanks are both on the up and up