• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

first SW tank 33 gallon long

first SW tank 33 gallon long

started 6 months ago in FW then everytime I would go to the LFS my family would tend to move over to the SW fishies! I fell in love with the flame angel fish and was determined to get one. yet I still haven't gotten one and all the fishes I have bought thus far have fallen under ICH. I think i will be slowing down until I can get the exact science down for Marine fish keeping.

well I just stacked my rock however for the time being until probably end of next month where I'll re-aquascape.

equipment:
T5 4x 54w 216w
12000k daylight
10000k actnic
4 dual moonlight leds

hob skilter aka DIY fuge (live sand, tonga rubble, cheato)
hob filter used to seed some good bacteria
red sea prizm skimmer (POS will be getting rid of and looking for either a octopus, cpr bakpak, or aquac Remora)

maxijet 1200 (will be adding locline)
aquaclear 20 (will be getting the hydor flo)

7w jbj submariner uv sterilizer

coral banded shrimp
skunk cleaner shrimp
chocolate chip star
emerald crab
4 turbo snails
4 red legged hermits
2 bumblebee snails
2 nassairus snails

that's all for the time being. FALLOW due to ICH.

pictures:

IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

IMG_0244.jpg

nice! what are the dementions of this tank?
i hear crushed coral substrate is bad news, but im not sure
and arnt chocolate chip stars predatory?

i'll have to take a look into that being bad news. I haven't had problems though.

the dimensions from the last I remember 48"L x 12"W x 18 1/2"H

Great lookinjg tank,welcome to the hobby . The size is so nice for a long low reef .If you plan on a Flame Angel you might want to have a tank size upgrade plan . It might be fine in your tank but would be much happier in a larger system . It also gives you an excuse to upgrade ;D. If you do plan on upgrading down the road try to buy equiptment that can work on the new system also . They are also my favorite and when I finally did get one he had a sps fondness and I had to get rid of him .

i don't think i'll be getting into corals though they are beautiful. kind of expensive. so far the things i've bought should go well with an upgrade since it is a long. just upgraded the skimmer from a prizm dlx to an aquac w/mag 3. so that should do fine in a 55-70gal

upgrading will have to wait after i buy my condo. and figure out how to make a fish tank room to display for my living room.<<in love with that type of setup!!!!