• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Fish Brain's 200DD

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I've been on the fence with this for a long time, but think it's finally time to pull the trigger on this. There are several driving factors behind getting off the fence and doing this now.

I've had this tank and for almost two years now. It's been sitting in storage for most of the time and has been in my garage for the last few months. Monthly storage fees are reason enough to set up the tank. LoL

The tank will go where my 120 was and I will use the sump from that tank unless I can figure out how to plumb it into the room behind the wall. Since it's in my basement, the wall is a cinder block wall so, it's not as easy as just punching a hole through sheet rock.

My bro-in-law helped me move the stand and canopy in last weekend and now I just need the tank.

I will put my AI Vegas in the canopy and I picked up a few extra vegas a while back. I'm going to start with 4 but have two more on stand by if I need them.

I picked up a Skimz Monzter SM203 DC Skimmer last year on a Black Friday sale. Haven't even opened the box yet, but looking forward to seeing what it does. Thing looks like a beast of a skimmer.

Might go with a DC return pump down the road but for now I will use my Syncra 5.0 from the 120.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jebao DCT pumps are good and pretty cheap. I run the DC12000 on my 180g and am swapping it to the DCT 12000 tomorrow (going to clean the main pump).

To get through concrete you can buy a bit from home depot, but it will be a bit of a pita to drill and run the piping.

I would highly recommend finding a way through that wall. It looks like you went with a Marineland stand as well. You will have a very hard time getting any kind of clearance in that stand for anything much less the tank. If its a block wall it should be pretty easy to get a few holes in there to run a few lines. And then you will never have to worry space and clearance.

Good luck with the 200. Can't wait to see it come together.

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

Man this thing is deeeeep! Lots of room to play with. :-D

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
It is a sweet tank. Good luck with the build, Brian. I would echo what John said, find a way through that wall.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Glad you decided to jump off the fence. Looking forward to following, and if you can go through the wall.

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I need a lift, sort of. The stand is only 27" high and I would like to build a riser out of 2x4's or 2x6's but my area of expertise is metal not wood. I can make just about anything out of metal, but do not have the tools to build a simple wood platform.

Anyone have wood tools/shop that could help me out?