• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Fish Habits

DYIguy

NJRC Member
We all spend a lot of time enjoying/ watching out tanks, the fish have habits and routines. It isn't until it's broken that I notice sometimes. I had a yellow coris wrasse that got up and went to sleep the same time every day- one day it seemed like it went to 'bed' early- didn't think much about it until the next day when it didn't get up- a damsel that harassed it had chased it out of the tank. Today I did a water change with a siphon, cleaning stuff off the rocks, a couple of hours later the tailspot blenny was no where to be found- checked the pail of waste water and there it was. I also notice when adding a new fish that some will hide for a while or completely change their routines - stress? maybe

Salted

NJRC Member
Sorry to read you lost your yellow coris wrases Chris, I really like mine. Damsels too often can be bad news. I've been blessed that my blue/yellow tail and Fiji Blue Devil have been nothing but model citizens. I've considered removing them to make room for other more esteemed livestock, but love the color and movement they add to the tank and are just so well behaved I know I'll never get this lucky again so they stay. If my friend takes your 30g just throw them in and be done.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Sorry to read you lost your yellow coris wrases Chris, I really like mine. Damsels too often can be bad news. I've been blessed that my blue/yellow tail and Fiji Blue Devil have been nothing but model citizens. I've considered removing them to make room for other more esteemed livestock, but love the color and movement they add to the tank and are just so well behaved I know I'll never get this lucky again so they stay. If my friend takes your 30g just throw them in and be done.
It was after seeing your devil in the 75g that I decided to get one myself- it's currently in the 30l and is fine with the chromis, talbot damsels etc- the only issue I foresee with combining the 2 tanks is the pink damsel - I'll also replace the coris too