• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Fish room/basement re-do; looking for contractor 07728

Looking to do a partial Reno of my basement before i upgrade to the bigger setup. We want to put in two walls around the laundry and storage areas, add a drop ceiling (we’re open to other ideas too) and either paint or cover the concrete floor with something that can withstand water (we have drains and pumps and a generator, but live in an area with a high water table, so water happens fast-plus, the aquariums). Any members on here that do general contracting in central NJ (Freehold), or recommend anyone? We’re looking for somone who can help in the planning and do the work.
Will be fun to have the fish room contained and in an area we use more. Debating having the fish room open to the rest of the room or incorporating a wall cutout or other ideas to hide the fish room but have the aquarium be part of the main area

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
If you can wait until this pandemic is over. Right now it’s really hard to get any
Construction supplies. When you do find pvc/ acrylic/ wood it’s very expensive.
Contractors right now are also hard to find.

If you can wait until this pandemic is over. Right now it’s really hard to get any
Construction supplies. When you do find pvc/ acrylic/ wood it’s very expensive.
Contractors right now are also hard to find.
True that....but this is a fairly small project (still takes materials) so I’d like to see what quotes come through, and play with ideas with people who are more in the know than I...