• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Fishing

I want to go do some fishing and maybe do some crabbing this coming Saturday but I have no idea where to go. I would like a nice place to drop a couple of cages and fish while we wait for the crabs.
I prefer if it is less than an 1 to 1:30 hr drive from Clifton, NJ.

Thanks,
Jose

You can rent small boats at the belmar marina. I would call to see if they also rent crab cages.

You could also check these out:
Cranbury Inlet Marina
Route 35 South
Boat Rentals, Crabbing Supplies and Rentals
Seaside Heights, NJ 08751
Phone: 732-793-8554

Crabbing supplies and rentals.

The Dock Outfitters
Route 35 and Porter Ave., South Pier
Seaside Heights, NJ 08751
Phone: 732-830-8171

Bait and tackle shop with crabbing and fishing supplies and rentals. Open daily June 15th thru September 15th from 6am-10pm.
Crabbing and fishing pier.

Have a good time! I'm jealous! Last year I went fishing every other week. This year I haven't been brave enough to step on a boat with morning sickness. Maybe I'll try in a couple weeks.

I did some fishing last week at a lake in PA. I didn't catch anything but my cousin did. It was still fun.
Hopefully I'll catch something this Saturday.
Morning sickness. :-X..I remember when my wife was pregnant with our first, some how I was the one with the morning sickness. LOL

debfife,
Thanks for the tip. We went to The Dock Outfitters and we had a blast. We didn't catch any fish but we caught a bunch of crabs.
It was a fun filled morning.

Jose

Glad you had a good time, it sounds like a fun day! I'm jealous. I think I'm going to try to go fishing with my Dad in a couple of weeks.

Too bad I didn't see this sooner, I could have lent you some traps and shown you some good spots for crabs and fish, I could have saved you a few bucks, maybe next time :)

Subliminal

NJRC Member
I made it out fishing about a month ago. Here's our loot:

IMG_2926.jpg

...and last year's loot:

P1010104.JPG

Fishing is great! One of these days I wanna try and catch a nice tuna...never fished for those guys before!