• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Flatworm exit and where to get it

I am in south jersey, near Atlantic city and cannot find anyone who has flatworm exit. ILC doesn't have it. I called a few others and no luck, anyone have any idea where I can get some?

C

concept3

I have some how much do you need? i keep it handy for frag acclimations.

Pop over to the vendor forum and contact Tom and Faith at tfjpetcenter. They ship quick and the price is good. You can also pick up in Toms River, NJ.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Francis, FWIW I use FWE to acclimate as well... I just put a few drops in the bucket when I start the acclimation. If I don't have any FWE I just dip them in freshwater for 2 minutes.. which can get scary sometimes! But it's better then getting flatworms!  :)

Thanks Brian, wish I had thought of doing this before they were introduced into my system. I've been dealing with them off and on for the past several months and it's taken a serious toll on my corals, I most recently added F.E. earlier in the week and can say there are none in my system currently. Hopefully using it during acclimation will keep them out.

C

concept3

emanaresi said:
Well, I need to treat my whole tank. I have about 100 gallons. Where dod you get it? maybe you know of a lfs I don't.

I bought it at Marinedepot.com

I used about 10 drops and uh..... the bottle treats 300 gallons.

You're more than welcome to most of it, just leave me with enough to do more frag acclimations...... wait a minute, I don't need anymore frags, I'm trying to get rid of them!!!

well, I am going to try to get a bottle of my own, I appreciate the generosity, but keep what you have for acclimations. Right now I am keeping myself busy just siphoning them out to try to get the population knocked down. Oh yeah, and any frags you wan tto get rid of, I think I can help you ;D

My six line wrasse wont touch them. Flatworm exit ,kills most but problem contiues, every month or so. Maybe 2x or 3x the dose may work,have not tried this yet. Clam and mushrooms seem to be bothered by treating with flatworm exit, shrooms come back to full size in about a week.