• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Floating Rock Scape

You could use black acrylic and make it round so it just looks like a bigger washer on the bulkhead I don’t think that would look too bad I think the acrylic rod will get full of Coraline and eventually take away from the luck of floating rock work

That's fair. The PVC is cemented in already. Maybe next time. Because there will always be a next time. Trial and error never stops.

Not a serious recommendation, but would of been funny if you had Atlas holding the other side of the rock.
A decent idea though can be using something like a gorgon or mangrove roots to help hide the acrylic rod.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I read piece of acrylic bent and glued to back glass. Bottom had holes drilled for flow and waste to nit settle.

looks great, wilson. nice rock too, what kind did you use?

So there I was with a hammer and chisel, just breaking a large piece of rock. Then I remember I have a large pail of rubble rock.. so it's a mix n match of random rubble? Some of it used to be live corals. Nothing specific, sorry I couldn't tell you more haha.