• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Floor support for 300 gallon tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currrently have a 215 gallon tank up and runing. I took this pic looking up at the sub floor from the basement to see what you think about me adding more support to the floor. I added 2x8's before putting up my 215 and so far so good. The red rectangle in the pic represents the 300 gallon tank. As you can see, the tank does not sit on top of the steel I beam. Its probably 2-3 inches off. Thats how my current 215 is now. The steel I beam spans 14 feet acoss. So what do you think? Will the floor be OK? Just trying to get some opinions. I know the best thing to do is get a structual engineer.

97ca2be1.jpg

I just read the suggestion tread. I see why no one hasn't posted here. Please lock this post. I don't want anyone to think that I will sue them for there friendly opinion.

What a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.