• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Flu

:-[ I haven't been posting since the meeting, we headed down to VA afterwards for a vacation. By Mon we did not feel well, by Tues we headed home. The doc just diagnosed the Flu. Probably picked it up at the Hilton in VA. The flu shots are not working again this year!! It came on as a head cold then, wham, hits like a major tank crash.
Hope all members are well, Any colds, I would recommend having checked out, this really surprised us.
Just Sharing
GregH

what kind of symptoms do you have?

I've had a fever since last sunday... went to three doctor visits and they cant find anything so they told me to take over the counter Tylenol and Aleve to keep it down... the minute I stop the fever creeps up (103.5 was the highest)

Other than the fever my throat is not irritated and the doc asked me to buy musinex to break up chest congestion..... really weird stuff

Tylenol OD

Could you believe It took me until last week to get healthy again...

After having that fever for a week my last doctor just said to take 8h tylenol every 8hours until it went away. I took it for a week and felt much worse I called the Doc and he didn't even respond. I went to a different Doctor and he gave me antibiotics and did bloodwork, the fever went away in two days on the antibiotics but when the bloodwork results came in my liver enzymes were 6x times normal and there was inflamation in the liver..... this was all because of the tylenol!!! I'm going back in on friday to check on the levels for the third time they have been getting lower and should be normal by then.... all of this because of tylenol and a doctor that didn't really care.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

Sorry you had such a bad run of things! Welcome back to the land of the living.