• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Fluconazole

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Nice art great progress. Hiw are you removing the bryposis as it dies off?

I'm not, i'm not touching anything in the tank so that we can get an accurate representation of the meds working. I turned my skimmer back on yesterday to deal with the die off at this point.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm thinking it will be me with no bryopsis for the first time in about 2-3 years, i've had it pretty much since i started this hobby, and have wanted to quit so many times because of it.

That's great news. It's been 5 days so far I believe? And it looks like 60 -70% has died off.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm thinking it will be me with no bryopsis for the first time in about 2-3 years, i've had it pretty much since i started this hobby, and have wanted to quit so many times because of it.
Great to hear this is working. I fought it for a over a year and it almost made me quit. Ended up doing a complete reboot this past fall and my tank is just starting to get back in shape. Do you plan on continuing the treatment for a while?

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm not running carbon for 12 total days, but my skimmer and everything are back online just the way i had everything before the treatment. Another guy ran the treatment with the skimmer going and carbon and still killed off the bryopsis with it. I'm not sure if it's something that stays in the system or if like other meds it breaks down after a period of time. After 12 days i'll run carbon just in case there is something there and it can pull it out, but other than that, this will be my first time in the 3 years i've been in this hobby where i will be bryopsis free. I was seriously considering shutting down my tank for a month and doing a reboot, this has saved me a lot of time and headache.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Are you monitoring nitrates and phosphates......I'd almost think it's a viscous cycle of killing the algae while now also feeding the algae.

Rebooting was no fun especially with 300+ gallons. I'd be curious to see if it reappears in a few months and will require a followup treatment. I know I thought that it kicked once only have it reappear with a vengeance. I believe it can anchor deep into the rock so my mechanical removal and spot treatment might just notnhave gotten it all. Retreating using this method would be easy.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Even if i had to retreat every few months, this treatment is a cakewalk, another guy treated his tank last november, still no sign of bryopsis in his tank.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Mine worked out to something like 20mg per gallon, i have roughly 140-150 total gallons, i dosed 3000mg. cost me 15 bucks. The measurement i went by and got a rough estimate on the dosage was 150mg per 30 liters of water. Also, nutrients are not a problem in my tank, save for phosphates sometimes, which i have the gfo back on for. My nitrates were at an all time high yesterday without dosing of .25ppm. first time it ever registered nitrates without me dosing it into the tank.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Before I put this in the share and learn as an effective method, i'd like some opinions on if i should wait for more trials to confirm or if we can consider this effective and safe. I have sps, lps, snails, hermits, crabs, anemone's, scallop, and urchins, probably some other stuff i'm missing. Nothing else was effected, as was the case with the 5-10 other trials i've read of on the thread on reef central. 100% kill rate, not one person has reported it not working after dosing. The first person to try it that originally posted it has been bryopsis free since november with one dose.

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Before I put this in the share and learn as an effective method, i'd like some opinions on if i should wait for more trials to confirm or if we can consider this effective and safe. I have sps, lps, snails, hermits, crabs, anemone's, scallop, and urchins, probably some other stuff i'm missing. Nothing else was effected, as was the case with the 5-10 other trials i've read of on the thread on reef central. 100% kill rate, not one person has reported it not working after dosing. The first person to try it that originally posted it has been bryopsis free since november with one dose.

I don't see any issues but might to start with a disclaimer stating this is still a new method and might want to use with understanding there could be illaffect