• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Foam Blocks or Polyster Foam for filter material

In my opinion Foam block do more of blocking wast then filter so they clog the filter and slow down the pump discharge and the water looks for a way around, Whereas polyester traps all size particles (depending on grades and manufactures) and the water flows faster to the pump? Just a thought

Of course application plays a big role. But I like polyester fill. It’s super cheap. And real easy to adjust how much you use to change the density of what you are filtering. Sometimes I only have to remove the top layer because of something like,... I just stirred up the tank and lots of crap has collected on the surface of the filter media. With the polyester fill I just peel off the top layer and replace that small amount. Perhaps silly but I feel I get more use out of it Also. In some applications. I need to carefully cut and fit pressed foam pad. But poly fill takes any shape at all.

I can't say I don't agree with Sponge, Poly is a lot cheaper and comes in different densities and a lot easier to change, filter sock getting to be too much work The foam you really cant clean 100%, Poly through away and replace 5minute. done :dance:

I can't say I don't agree with Sponge, Poly is a lot cheaper and comes in different densities and a lot easier to change, filter sock getting to be too much work The foam you really cant clean 100%, Poly through away and replace 5minute. done :dance:
I’d say it’s the throw away and done with it I like the most :)