• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Found some pests i think

ive recently noticed that my main zoa colony has been mostly closed up during the day. i didnt really think much of it. two days ago i found a small neon green nudibranch on the glass. at first i thought it was pretty cool and i knew that the regular nudbranches are ok for reefs so i didnt worry. today i decided to do a quick search on them and it turns out they are what is bothering my zoas. they look exactly like a half-open green zoa unless you look closely. i was able to get about ten of them of off my zoas. do i have a bad infestation? is there other steps i should take besides manual removal?
IMG_0270[1].jpg

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
You can try giving a dip in coral rx or revive. Usually zoa nudibranchs are close in color to the zoa they eat. You said they were on green zoas and they look green in the picture so they may be zoa eating nudibranchs. If it were my tank I would Do the dip and keep up with manual removal.

the thing with the dip is its kinda impractical for me. the colony is encrusted all over a couple of large rocks that are epoxied and zip tied together. i dont want to tear up my rockwork.
im pretty sure they are the zoa eating nudibranches, i was just wondering if i could do something else.
thanks for the help thus far

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Flatworm exit you can dose directly into the tank, just be careful of your other inverts in the tank.