• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Frag glue???

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I have several small pieces of coral that just keep flying around the tank. Only one hobby store by me that I am aware of they don't have "cyanoacrylate glue". I even tried Micheals with no luck. Is there anything else I can use? Also, would work for a mushroom about the size of a half dollar?

Thanks

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Any super glue will work, just use the gel type as it is thicker and easier to work with.

Glue usually doesn't work with mushrooms as they will just slime right off of it. You can either put them in a small dish with some rubble rock pieces until they attache then glue that to a larger rock, or loosely put a piece of bridal veil over the mushroom on a rock and let it attach that way.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Nope! That's the prefered method. I found it strange at first, too but that's how it's done.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Thanks for the info. The shroom does have some rubble so should be easy to glue.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Just bought some Scotch brand super glue gel. Will probably try attching them tonight.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Re: Frag glue done

Just glued the Kenya trees and so far so good. Also, glued a small mat of start polyps to stay in place. All clral was fixed to small pieces of broken bleached coral rubble I had lying around.
Thanks to all for the input.

C

concept3

I know it's a little too late now, but you can go to any hobby store and get ZAP cyanoacrylate gel. We use it to stick balsa wood together for model airplanes where a stronger bond is required. i stocked myself with a whole bunch of 1.5 OZ squeeze tubes for fragging sessions. At $1.50/piece, I find it easier to glue down 20-30 frags and you wouldn't have to worry about the tubes gumming up on you.