• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Frag Grow out Summer 2018 OFFICIAL

A few updates on some rules:

Pickup of the frags will be from April 1st until April 15th. Shipping is available if needed.

The price has been set at $30 (with the $5 for the prize included) per frag.

The SPS will be a 1” frag
The Zoas will have 3 heads

IMPORTANT: Everyone must sign up on the google doc ASAP, there are only 20 spots per category.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What happened to the 15th?

etmanning1

NJRC Member
Zoas Grow Out Winner
Question, who is doing the actual judging?

Addressed in my last post, participants will vote at the end. I looked at a bunch of other clubs and this seemed like the best (& most common) way to do it.

etmanning1

NJRC Member
Zoas Grow Out Winner
Today, October 1st is the end of the contest! Make sure you get your final photo in and judging will begin soon.

etmanning1

NJRC Member
Zoas Grow Out Winner
Congrats to everyone who entered and especially everyone who finished his challenge. For its first time running I think we did great with nearly 20 members entering and some solid finishes.

Here were the agreed upon rules for judging;

--> Judging:

1) Zoas--> Simply the highest number of polyps at end of contest wins, frags will be 3 polyps to start.

2) SPS--> Members will vote for who they think wins at the end of the contest. This is based off both coloration and more importantly, growth.

The zoa competition finishers:

Jmags, with ~ 25 polyps
Etmanning, with ~ 35 polyps
Mrx, with ~ 20 polyps
Haus, with “nowhere near 34 polyps”

Looks like I won. I encourage everyone to go check out the zoa photos thread and look through it. If anyone thinks someone else should have won, please PM me or post in the zoa specific thread.

The SPS competition finishers:

Jmags
Etmanning
MrX

The sps competition, as per rules, is being judged through a vote. Below I have included a link to the voting page, which will be open for the next 24 hours. Please vote for the winners! Take a look at the sps photo thread for before/after photos especially.

I will be in contact with ultimate corals to get the winners their prizes and the board to see if we can’t get that banner going. Thanks again everyone who entered!

jmags080307

SPS Grow Out Winner
My side by side. A little growth, starting to encrust but I really like the color I got!
a7a1ac86d3068bad98e42dc559fb172c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk