• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

FREE - Blue Velvet Damsel - Somerset, 08873

Hardy fish. Rescued him from someone whose tank crashed after Sandy. Came to me more than half dead and I nursed him back to life. Just got a Copper Banded Butterfly today and he is picking on him. He's been voted off the island.

No one likes a blue velvet damsel, huh? If it helps...I travel A LOT and would be willing to meet someone, or drop him off. He's now chilling out in my fuge and I'd like to he him a better home than that.

I would take him but I already have 2 myself :) they are not very friendly with each other. They do well separated from each other though and are ok with most other fish. Someone will take him I am sure

Thanks for the reply. I hope someone does, I feel bad he's sitting in the sump by himself.

How big is the blue velvet damsel. I have a 75 Gal with few other damsels (none that are blue velvet damsels), but if this one will be aggresive then I don't want to have to put him in the sump, as well. :) I'm located in Somerset.

How big is the blue velvet damsel. I have a 75 Gal with few other damsels (none that are blue velvet damsels), but if this one will be aggresive then I don't want to have to put him in the sump, as well. :) I'm located in Somerset.

I'd say he's probably about 4". He was fine with the clowns. He just didn't seem to like the copper banded and I read that if a copper banded is stressed like that they can die. I didn't want to take that chance. He did nip my zoas and green polyps though. Everything else he left alone.

I'd say he's probably about 4". He was fine with the clowns. He just didn't seem to like the copper banded and I read that if a copper banded is stressed like that they can die. I didn't want to take that chance. He did nip my zoas and green polyps though. Everything else he left alone.

Wow.. that is a big boy... I'll have to pass. Sorry!

I would take him, but he nips at polyps, and I have reef set ups. I do have a 26g bow holding tank that I use to store fish that I'm giving away to other members. If you decide you really can't keep him, and need to get rid of him, I'll take him until I can find him a good home.