• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Free coral

Salted

NJRC Member
So he replied to the email I sent him through C/L. He says the tank is rear overflow. It looks like corner to me in the pic. Am I seeing that wrong? I know I'm going to be disappointed if I settle, even if it is for free.

So he replied to the email I sent him through C/L. He says the tank is rear overflow. It looks like corner to me in the pic. Am I seeing that wrong? I know I'm going to be disappointed if I settle, even if it is for free.
Ask him for pictures with lights on whites only or off so you can see better.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Even if it is a corner overflow can't you plug it and have the tank drilled for a center back overflow- seems like too good of a deal to pass up. If it does work out I can help you get it off the truck

Salted

NJRC Member
Just curious as to why you don't want a corner overflow. if you don't mind.
Only aesthetics. I don’t like seeing the plumbing on the display. On my 75, I walk past and view the side regularly. I’ve tried to scape so it’s pleasing from that side as well as front viewing. I was at a members house that has a 75 with a single left side corner overflow. It works where he has it but if it was my tank I wouldn’t like it. It takes up almost half the end glass. Maybe with a 180 being 24” deep it wouldn’t be as bad and I could black out the plumbing.

Attachments

• 0F02EDEB-3FD5-42B9-BE06-DFAD6C0F77B0.jpeg
    0F02EDEB-3FD5-42B9-BE06-DFAD6C0F77B0.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Only aesthetics. I don’t like seeing the plumbing on the display. On my 75, I walk past and view the side regularly. I’ve tried to scape so it’s pleasing from that side as well as front viewing. I was at a members house that has a 75 with a single left side corner overflow. It works where he has it but if it was my tank I wouldn’t like it. It takes up almost half the end glass. Maybe with a 180 being 24” deep it wouldn’t be as bad and I could black out the plumbing.
I don't have that problem because I cannot see the side of my tank....LOL
But I get it. My 72g bow was corner overflow and tight with rocks/corals. I think the depth is what will make it better.
Either way good luck.

Salted

NJRC Member
Actually awesome , I got a hugggge galaxea coral from him as well…my friend ended up taking the 180.
Oh it's been taken already? Good for your friend. I've been waiting for the guy to get back to me on it, I really would have liked it.

D

Deleted member 27248

Oh it's been taken already? Good for your friend. I've been waiting for the guy to get back to me on it, I really would have liked it.
Oh, I had assumed you and everyone else passed on it!