• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Free death rock

An update for anyone curious. I have a personality where I start projects and just go go go go. Most of the time it's not a problem, sometimes it is.

I've always used kalk past to kill aptasia, I figured it would work for paly. I tested it on a handful of polyps and nothing bad happened. Last night I got carried away and laid down a thick paste over the entire colony.

I came home from work today to a lot of stuff dead and dying. It's not from the kalk, I think the plays sent slime all over the tank.

don't do that.

I ended up just pulling the rocks out, wrapping them in trash bags and disposing of it

radiata

NJRC Member
Kudos to those of you who are removing Palys & Zoos from your tanks. They're just an accident (maybe even a fatal accident) just waiting to happen.

I've only tried them once, many years ago. I got lucky and a medium-sized Asfur Angel took a liking to them. (Or maybe it was a good-sized Emperor Angel. Not sure which.)