• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Free Guppies (Sayreville)

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Anyone interested in flipping guppies to saltwater or want a nice little feeder fish. I have too many juvinile / baby fancy tail guppies that need to go.

Yep... also sailfin mollies...
It Must be done extremely slowly...
But it can be done...
They are also livebearers so it is possible to have babies as long as you have one male to around 3 females...
They are great algae eaters....
Sorry redfishbluefish for highjacking..
Just wanted to give some info...

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Tbone, no apology needed...you did a very nice job answering Gonzapa’s question.

Now, how many dozen guppies do you want? ;D

redfishbluefish said:
Tbone, no apology needed...you did a very nice job answering Gonzapa’s question.

Now, how many dozen guppies do you want? ;D

All the threads say they wont last long. Im trying to build a 1 gallon pico they would be perfect there if they survived

rodclement

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
There is a store up here in bergen county called aquarium warehouse and unlike the name suggests, is a very small place...he always has saltwater mollies and guppies for sale, he buys them aclimated and swears they will last over a years...never tried it myself but I would guess that if they last at least 4 months they would be great hair algae controlers! :D

rod

I had acclimated mine and had them for well over a year and even had babies...
It was intesting to see freshwater fish in a saltwater enviroment and thrieving...

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I’m going to try this again….FREE fancy guppies…as many as you want.

You ask what could you do with these:

1. Try flipping them to salt…yes it can be done. Once you do this and they start reproducing, you’ll have a nice food source for the other guys in the tank.

2. Use them as food. I hear they taste just like silversides, high in Omega 3’s.

3. Start a freshwater tank for the little ones in your house…they will love you for that. If you take 2 dozen, I’ll give you a 30 gallon tall for free (or is it 35…not sure…but it’s free with the taking of 2 dozen guppies)

AND, the number one reason you will want to take some of these guppies…you know what they say, once you had fresh, you’ll never go back…or something like that.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Well the tank and a few of the guppies are gone.  I can’t tell you who took it because he was just going out to pick up a loaf of bread and milk, and now the wife is looking to start a support group for addicts.  Go figure! 

Anyway, his four kids will be happy with their new additions and, with life being so short, will cherish this little memory for some time.  I’m getting philosophical, but these little things are important.

If his wife reads this, he wasn’t here, and if he was, he would of only taken 2 or 3 guppies, which I would have had to force on him.

Oh, and I still have some guppies left.

redfishbluefish said:
Well the tank and a few of the guppies are gone. I can’t tell you who took it because he was just going out to pick up a loaf of bread and milk, and now the wife is looking to start a support group for addicts. Go figure!

Anyway, his four kids will be happy with their new additions and, with life being so short, will cherish this little memory for some time. I’m getting philosophical, but these little things are important.

If his wife reads this, he wasn’t here, and if he was, he would of only taken 2 or 3 guppies, which I would have had to force on him.

hahahahaha

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
redfishbluefish said:
Well the tank and a few of the guppies are gone. I can’t tell you who took it because he was just going out to pick up a loaf of bread and milk, and now the wife is looking to start a support group for addicts. Go figure!

Anyway, his four kids will be happy with their new additions and, with life being so short, will cherish this little memory for some time. I’m getting philosophical, but these little things are important.

roflmao2.gif

Thanks again Paul at least The guppies and and the kids are happy
jump.gif

PSSsst this is members only , she can't get in!

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Tazmaniancowboy said:
Thanks again Paul at least The guppies and the kids are happy
jump.gif

PSSsst this is members only , she can't get in!

I’m sorry…..do I know you?

Hey, enjoy those kids…before you know it, they’re giving you crap, and asking for money.