• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Free landscape plants

DYIguy

NJRC Member
A partial list of what'd available- first come, first serve- groundcovers- pachysandra, myrtle, ajuga and creeping jenny ( good in hanging baskets too). green leaf japanese maples in 2 gal pots- about 3' high- great red/orange fall color- 25' max height, a few small common boxwood about 15-18", several viburnum tomatosum- get to about 12' flowers look like a dogwood, 6 deutzia nikko- a dwarf deutzia, mounding, gets to about 2' high and 2' wide, some blue hosta, corydalis lutea, a shade loving low growing long blooming perennial, a whole bunch of annual geraniums- mostly in pink/peach shades in 4-8" pots, dwarf canna- gets to 3' elephant ears- green leaf, some assorted annuals including a bunch of pansies- warning- pansies are cool weather annuals, but if you keep them fertilized and dead head them they may bloom into the fall and overwinter

Last edited:

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Awesome! Love this. I’m a huge ajuga fan. Found some really cool variegated ajuga at my local nursery this year. Very nice of you to do this!

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Awesome! Love this. I’m a huge ajuga fan. Found some really cool variegated ajuga at my local nursery this year. Very nice of you to do this!
The variegated is really nice, I had some, after a while it lost it's variegation, I like the bonze, vigorous, great purple flowers in the Spring, chocolate is another nice variety for small beds- more bunching

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Ajuga reptans, bronze beauty in bloom last month

Attachments

• 20220522_170353 (1).jpg
    20220522_170353 (1).jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 14

momof6kids

NJRC Member
Chris, when are you available for me to come by. My yard is my second obsession after my fish. And do you want any of my zoas in exchange?

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Love how tall the flowers are!!! I cleared an overgrown area in the yard. It was all vines. Pretty much all shade. Planted the ajuga and some lungwort to see how it goes. Was thinking some pachysandra next year. Any other shade plant ideas?

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Chris, when are you available for me to come by. My yard is my second obsession after my fish. And do you want any of my zoas in exchange?
Erna, I'm around most days- , this is a free free thread ( but I'll gladly take anything one wants to share:)) I have some other stuff too,, just not a lot. Let me know what your needs are- I pm'd you guess you didn't see it

Last edited:

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Love how tall the flowers are!!! I cleared an overgrown area in the yard. It was all vines. Pretty much all shade. Planted the ajuga and some lungwort to see how it goes. Was thinking some pachysandra next year. Any other shade plant ideas?
My property is mostly shade now and I've been dealing with deer for 30+ years. I like a natural look- and one that doesn't need a lot of maintenance- i have a lot of natives and use a lot of deer resistant plants- I have 2 acres and no lawn lol- pm me and we can talk

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
My property is mostly shade now and I've been dealing with deer for 30+ years. I like a natural look- and one that doesn't need a lot of maintenance- i have a lot of natives and use a lot of deer resistant plants- I have 2 acres and no lawn lol- pm me and we can talk
Sounds good! Sorry to hijack your thread.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
@momof6kids - good trade! @Salted you know where I live- stop by for more anytime, @ericrodriguez , still have plenty, I just added a couple of hydrangea to the list- more annuals next week

My plan is to share as much as I can, so I don't have to spend time watering it this summer and can spend more time inside an air conditioned room watching my corals grow lol:D, and it gets you guys to stop by and we get to chat for a while

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
@momof6kids - good trade! @Salted you know where I live- stop by for more anytime, @ericrodriguez , still have plenty, I just added a couple of hydrangea to the list- more annuals next week

My plan is to share as much as I can, so I don't have to spend time watering it this summer and can spend more time inside an air conditioned room watching my corals grow lol:D

That's like watching a pot boil.