• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Free landscape plants

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Put a bunch of pansies at the end of the drive for free today- 8" pots, some fertilizer, dead heading and a little TLC will keep them blooming for another month at least- have some other stuff just for fellow reefers- tropicals, some annuals, misc perennials- lmk what you're looking for or send me a pic and I can make suggestions

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Tempted to take you up on this. I redesigned the entire outside 2 years back and though my front beds are coming in fantastic, the beds around the side of the house are a bit sparse.

IMG_4966.jpgIMG_4967.jpg

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Hosta la Vista Baby :D Ripped ( literally ) out a bunch of hosta for someone today- most are the old fashion green leaf variety- but has a fragrant flower. I'm fairly brutal when doing it, a small shovel and toss them on a tarp, which is on the back of my pickup. I'll go through and pot up what's good tomorrow- some wild aster, violets and other assorted perennials in the mix- will post what I have tomorrow- some impatiens, annuals shrubs and tropicals

Last edited:

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Thought I'd update the list- Pickup in in Chester, message me for more info or pics. It's 'dib's or first come for it all

Trees
Japanese maple- green leaf

Shrubs
Calicarpa
Dappled willow
Boxwood

Perennials
tall Phlox- deep pink
Tall aster- light pink
Beebalm
begonia Grandis- hardy begonia- pink
Corydalis Lutea
Hosta
Lily of the valley
Xmas fern

Groundcovers
Pachysandra
Myrtle
Ajuga
Creeping Jenny
sweet woodruff - by request

Annuals
Impatiens- 4" pots
Whopper begonia
Coleus 'flame thrower'
blue torenia
Geranium- mixed colors- 8" pots
Combo pots- 10-12" with blue scaevola, blue torenia and creeping jenny

Tropicals
Canna- dwarf to 30" most likely Cleopatra
Elephant ears- - to 3'
Oxalis- red leaf

Wildflowers/ Natives
wood aster
violets
Hesperis by request
Yellow flag iris- by request

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Chris, was nice meeting you.
Thanks for the tank and all the plants.
Marc,
Always love meeting fellow reefers, and talking shop, hope you got home alright with the bad directions I gave. Let me know if you have any questions about the plants I pushed on you that you didn't ask for with no labels. For other Reefers, I still have a bunch, some aren't on the list

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
If anyone from my area is going to get plants let me know.
I have to frag some Nepthea for Chris and appreciate a drop off.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Stopped at the farm stand down the road from Chris. Have to say so far so good. Plums and peaches were delicious. Hope the yellow mellon and veggies are just as good.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Summer Blowout Sail :) **

Tropicals, Fruits/ Ornamentals

Dwarf Meyer Lemon- fragrant flowers- large delicious fruit
Dwarf Fig- hardy if planted- or bring it in in winter
Dwarf Banana- small, edible fruit, great large foliage
Dwarf Canna- dig in fall store indoors
Elephant Ears- large leaves, great in pots or in landscape- dig in fall
Sago Palm

Annuals

Combo pots- Sun and shade
Geraniums
Whopper Begonia
Scaevola
Torenia
Coleus
Caladium ( also a tropical )

Ground Covers

Pachysandra
Myrtle
Creeping Jenny
Ajuga

Perennials

Hardy Begonia - begonia grandis- fall flowering with pink flowers for part sun/ full shade
Yellow Fumewort- Corydalis Lutea- low growing long blooming with fern like foliage for part to full shade
Tall garden Phlox- dark pink flowers late summer- grows to 4'

Miscellaneous

Come and find out- some shrubs, oddballs

** Free Kenya tree coral with any purchase ( or not ) ;):p:)
*** Free Cheato available
**** Free Gsp on sheets or rubble with notice
Accepting all your extra coral frags

Attachments

• one2.jpg
    one2.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Many of the perennials are gone/ given to good homes. I just dug up a bunch of tall asters- aster Tartaricus, and have a bunch of Begonia grandis ( hardy ) and some small corydalis, the aster and begonia are late bloomers- aster needs sun, Begonia and Corydails full to part shade- Still have a bunch of annuals and some tropicals- the Elephant ears are getting huge,