• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Free Large Melon Sword Plant (08053)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is a reefing forum, but i know a lot of us still keep freshwater tanks. I have a large melon sword that’s really grown too large for my 60 cube. Free to anyone that wants it. its about 12” wide by 10“ high. Grown under a kessil sun.

Attachments

• 3BA2EECB-1A8B-4530-AF1D-48808F7CA45A.jpeg
    3BA2EECB-1A8B-4530-AF1D-48808F7CA45A.jpeg
    764.2 KB · Views: 17
I know this is a reefing forum, but i know a lot of us still keep freshwater tanks. I have a large melon sword that’s really grown too large for my 60 cube. Free to anyone that wants it. its about 12” wide by 10“ high. Grown under a kessil sun.
do they need special lights to thrive? i have a cichlid tank

Swords are easy to grow, as long as you have some fish in there to keep the nutrients/CO2 levels (fish poop is a good thing! :)) Assume you're talking about South American cichlids, not African cichlids? African cichlid tank's pH are typically too high for plants.

will have
Swords are easy to grow, as long as you have some fish in there to keep the nutrients/CO2 levels (fish poop is a good thing! :)) Assume you're talking about South American cichlids, not African cichlids? African cichlid tank's pH are typically too high for plants.
lol... no problem at all with fish poop. its an African cichlid tank so i guess not? I'll give it a try if no one takes it

Status
Not open for further replies.