• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Free Leather Coral

I have some other stuff laying around like star polyps and zoanthids. I am sure I can find something. I am a pretty advanced hobbyist with a ton of coral predominately sps. This is my main display.
Love the gorgonians one of my seahorses favorite would you part with one and if so how much

eholceker

NJRC Member
Love the gorgonians one of my seahorses favorite would you part with one and if so how much

it’s impossible to get the full one off since the are encrusted on the rock by the base. Do you have experience fragging these guys? The ribbons don’t do as well and when they die back they don’t leave any skeleton for the horses to latch onto like some of the thicker gorgonians. Basically you have to shave flesh off the skeleton at the right spot so it can re establish its foundation. shave to high and the necrosis will continue up.

it’s impossible to get the full one off since the are encrusted on the rock by the base. Do you have experience fragging these guys? The ribbons don’t do as well and when they die back they don’t leave any skeleton for the horses to latch onto like some of the thicker gorgonians. Basically you have to shave flesh off the skeleton at the right spot so it can re establish its foundation. shave to high and the necrosis will continue up.
Did not know that, why I love this site, I learn something new every day, will keep this new knowledge in back of mind in Aquarium file