• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Free phyto/nannochloropsis

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Picked up the phyto earlier tonight. Those who are getting it text me at the swap tomorrow. Should be there between 10-1030.

Last edited:
Appreciate it definitely. Tanks a got a little taste tonight..
Doug, whats the best way to keep this culture going?

I have no idea what the best way is. I copied my setup off of the interweb. 1.017 fresh clean saltwater ( even if one creature gets in there it can consume the phyto, reproduce and crash the culture ). Roughly 1/2gallon salt water, 5ml liquid miracle grow plant food and 1ml Kent's essential elements and a starter culture ( I used the whole bottle but imagine less would work). Use a clear 2 liter soda bottle with rigid airline tubing to aerate and agitate the water (air stones get clogged quickly) and put under a light with a 16 hour cycle (I use a household led 7 watt 5k from the depot) and play the waiting game. Half the mixture when it gets dark and restart the process with fresh salt water, fertilizer and Kent's and your on your way.

I used DT's for my first culture which crashed by the 3rd batch. The culture I am using now came from some hobo on eBay and has been good to me enough to where I could share. I had plenty so it was no problem tossing some bottles around. Lord knows I have been hooked up by fellow members enough to share the love, even if it's just some dumb green water!