• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Free Sps--with a catch(East Hanover)

I posted a thread in early December in the SPS forum regarding my battle with AEFW in my SPS tank. Well the battle has come to an end and I would classify it as a draw after various dips and a QT tank. Removing established SPS from their environment and subjecting them to repeated dips has taken its toll for sure and I have lost many pieces.

I have some 20 pieces remaining in my QT which have struggled and need rehabilitation.Most of the colors have faded which is to be expected with what I have subjected them to. I have 4 tanks running and its way too much for me to handle right now. I have therefore decided to give them all away so at least someone will give them a fighting chance to survive. There are valida, nana,slimmer,etc types and all were nice before this debacle.Some are larger 6 inch pieces and others smaller. I do not have pictures and for the price please dont ask... My only requirement is that you place all of these in a seperate tank for I cannot insure that they are AEFW free(although I think so) and that you have experience with SPS husbandry. I am doing this to save the creatures so experience does count here.

John...This is really sad to see!! His SPS tank was absolutely stunning before the AEFW war started!!

I hope your not giving up all together!!

John,

Great meeting you today and thank you for some really awsome pieces. I will keep you posted on how things are going with them. THey all acclimated nicely and I just shined a flashlight into the tank and can see some polyp extension. My snails had a feast on whatever algae that i missed scrubbing them off. Gonna keep a close eye on them and ill pm you some pictures in about a week with how everythings going. Thanks again and good luck with your other tanks your 220 fowlr is awsome and that reef tank of yours blows my mind. You have some really awsome pieces.

Thanks,
Rob