• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Fresh Water Test

Did a Fresh Water Test this past weekend on my 120g and 55g sump. Everything worked out pretting good. Some minor adjustments but nothing major. Thanks to Steve68 for helping out with the test. Here are a few shots.

Attachments

• DSCN0385.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 91
  • DSCN0386.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 86
Ed said:
Looks good.  Got any pics of the new stand?

Here's a two shots of the cabinet. One is of the unstained unit completely assembled. The other is of what has been completely stained so far.

Attachments

• DSCN0284.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 85
  • DSCN0379.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 83
cmsurfr22 said:
...are you some kind of furniture maker or something?

No, I'm not a furniture maker. I just read alot of maganizes and watch The New Yankee Workshop whenever I can. :) I'm an engineer by profession, I guess that doesn't hurt.

I saw a similar design in a magazine called "Family Handyman". One month they featured a similar unit with the exception that there was a plasma TV instead of the aquarium. So I figured if I modified the design I could make it work for an aquarium. The best thing about the unit is that is completely modular. It comes apart in sections to make moving it easier. Steve68 will confirm that since he helped me move that stained portion into my Family Room.

yes the stand came out SWEET!!
pictures dont do it justice, mike u did a great job.
cant wait to see it all up & running.

The stand looks great very well done. Was the pump temporarily plumbed withe 90 elbow? Sometimes having an elbow on the intake can cause the pump to cavitate and create micro bubbles in the impellor housing and thus in the display tank. If you can't striaghten out the intake maybe bump up the pipe diameter to 1 1/2 or 2".