• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Frozen Black Worms help

Does anyone know where I can buy frozen black worms in Northern NJ. I have a butterfly that ONLY eats live black worms. The only place I can get them is 1/2 hr. away and I don't always have the time. I was hoping he would eat frozen, but I can't locate them locally. Someone mentioned Olsen Frozen Fish Foods, but I don't know where I can purchase this.

Anybody aware of northern stores that stock them?

thanks
Eric

Don't know about in the north but when i need something special like that i just ask my LFS if they can order it for me. Usually not a problem and they have it for me the next week.

Eric,

There's also no guarantee he'll go for the frozen blackworms. It's frustrating cause these guys are just too smart sometimes. Have you tried bloodworms mixed into the blackworms?

Jeff,
I called Pet Safari, they don't have frozen BW's, they have live. The girl said the owner might consider buying them, but no word yet.

Calaxa,
I've tried Bloodworms, tubifex worms, and every frozen food that I can find, anywhere. The only thing on this CBB's menu is live black worms. I would really like to try the frozen Black Worms if I can get them somewhere.

thanks guys,
Eric

Eric,

I know how you feel. The one I had in QT was just too smart. He would not go for the frozen blackworms ever and would just stare at me begging for the live. He would reluctantly eat frozen bloodworms. Good luck finding the frozen blackworms. I hope that info I gave you will help out.