• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

FS or Trade 72" MH light fixture - South Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.
twisted said:
Where in sj r you? I may b interested

Wow, you must be the southern most member in the club, I live in Mount Laurel, but keep my boat in Somers Point. PM me if interested.

downbeach said:
twisted said:

Wow, you must be the southern most member in the club, I live in Mount Laurel, but keep my boat in Somers Point. PM me if interested.
Lol, I think I am.... It's almost like being in a different state from the rest of the club. I really want to switch to halide lighting. My concern is my canopy being too low. It would put the light about 7" above the water. I'm sure after time I could lower it to that height, but what would you recommend starting out at. At present I'm runnining an icecap t5

twisted said:
downbeach said:
twisted said:

Lol, I think I am.... It's almost like being in a different state from the rest of the club. I really want to switch to halide lighting. My concern is my canopy being too low. It would put the light about 7" above the water. I'm sure after time I could lower it to that height, but what would you recommend starting out at. At present I'm runnining an icecap t5

I have it on the tank mounted legs, so the light is 4 1/2" above the surface of the water. The top of the fixture is 5 1/2 " above the top of the tank.

That makes it easy then.... As far as the trade part goes, what are you looking for.... Corals, equipment , tanks?...... Wives?..... Lmao

twisted said:
That makes it easy then.... As far as the trade part goes, what are you looking for.... Corals, equipment , tanks?...... Wives?..... Lmao

Take my wife, please. Actually I'm no longer married. I didn't have anything in mind for a trade. I didn't want to limit it to just cash if someone had some really drop dead beautiful corals they wanted to part with. I'm setting up my QT so I can cure a 50 lb. box of Pukani Dry that's been sitting in the garage for six month's and I sold off my AquaC Ramora skimmer without thinking. So, the only piece of equipment I'd need would be a good HOB skimmer.

I was thinking you could take mine.... Then I could get rid if the king size bed and put in a twin so I'd have room for another tank... Lol
I don't have an hob that's worth a trade but if you check out my thread on my 180 and see anything you like let me know. It may take me a week to juggle some cash around so if someone else jumps in for it don't hold it. I have a bowfront and stand and some frags that someone is supposed to buy on Sunday so I should b good then.

There's no rush, I'm still doing the retro on my canopy, so another week would be about right anyway. I did see the thread on your 75..nice tank.

Thnks. I've had my 180 up since last winter and stool use the light I had on the 75. It's worked great for it and I still have great growth even with a much deeper and longer tank but I'd really like a shimmer. What kind of bulbs are they

The MH's were originally 10,000K and I replaced them with XM 15,000K, to pick up a little more blue. The 4 Actinics are true 03 Coralife. The original spec's should be in the MD link in the first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.