• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

GARF Store?

Hi All. Any one have recent experience with either their GARF Grunge or Bag of Bugs.

I’m battling Dinos for the 2nd time. Tank is Starting to turn the corner and looking to add some biodiversity to the tank.

Hi All. Any one have recent experience with either their GARF Grunge or Bag of Bugs.

I’m battling Dinos for the 2nd time. Tank is Starting to turn the corner and looking to add some biodiversity to the tank.
I will say this, of you are going to order, then go through with adding what you get to the tank. When you see, and smell what arrives you will have some hesitation. You will need to overcome that and go through with it.
If this causes you some anxiety, skip Garf and order from Indopacific sea farms. They are awesome. Best yet is to ask around and see if yiu can get a scoop of sand, some grunge from a sump, some macro, or even a small rock from as many hobbiests and LFS you can. You will get tons of diversity that way. And will likely cost much less.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
You need to kill the dinos first. I battled ten for a long time and eventually did a long blackout. Covered sides with black poster board and placed a sheet and blanket over the tank. I even taped that right to the tank.

I will say this, of you are going to order, then go through with adding what you get to the tank. When you see, and smell what arrives you will have some hesitation. You will need to overcome that and go through with it.
If this causes you some anxiety, skip Garf and order from Indopacific sea farms. They are awesome. Best yet is to ask around and see if yiu can get a scoop of sand, some grunge from a sump, some macro, or even a small rock from as many hobbiests and LFS you can. You will get tons of diversity that way. And will likely cost much less.

Thanks for the suggestions. I was looking at Indopacific as well, they have a cool package available.

Wife might kick me out of the house if I bring the GARF home.

You need to kill the dinos first. I battled ten for a long time and eventually did a long blackout. Covered sides with black poster board and placed a sheet and blanket over the tank. I even taped that right to the tank.

I thought I had them beat a few months back. Tank has been running great since and everything was growing and then bam, they came back much worse.

Last time I knocked them back with no water changes and over feeding to get me levels up. Doing that again and this time raising the tank temp to 82 degrees. Starting to look better but they might be faking me out.

Used their grunge about 15 yers ago and my tank never looked better. Bought a 10lb. bag of their grunge back in the spring to seed my tank. No problems.