• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

GBD - Gas Bubble Disease

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I tested the QT tank and SG is 1.022 and main SH tank is 1.025.
Temp is 74.5 on main SH tank and 73 in the QT.
I don't plan on any changes based on these readings and will order some new meds, just not sure what one.

I don't plan on any changes based on these readings and will order some new meds, just not sure what one.
Im begging ya please stop with the meds and let this creature of Mother Nature do its thing if he’s breathing fine and is hungry n eating please put him back with other one. I don’t know if u are aware but seahorses are a community living in groups they don’t do well by themselves and actually get lonely,, the mirror thing doesn’t work
Mark I had a ponie with same thing going on like yours has and as long as his breathing and appetite were ok I left him alone,, then one day the problem was gone and he is still with me,, that was over year ago

Diamox is reccomended for gas bubble but it is really hard to get.
What is the Temperature in your tank?

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Im begging ya please stop with the meds and let this creature of Mother Nature do its thing if he’s breathing fine and is hungry n eating please put him back with other one. I don’t know if u are aware but seahorses are a community living in groups they don’t do well by themselves and actually get lonely,, the mirror thing doesn’t work
Mark I had a ponie with same thing going on like yours has and as long as his breathing and appetite were ok I left him alone,, then one day the problem was gone and he is still with me,, that was over year ago

In thge main tank he bloats very fast and is floating horizontally on the surface. struggles to swim and doesn't get much food.
The QT he seems more upright but still floats a little bit; plus he gets plenty of food to eat.

In thge main tank he bloats very fast and is floating horizontally on the surface. struggles to swim and doesn't get much food.
The QT he seems more upright but still floats a little bit; plus he gets plenty of food to eat.
If you’re gonna leave him where he’s at then at least stop medication it’s unnecessary brother he’ll let out a big fart sooner or later and be ok