• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Gbta and my confused clowns

Yesterday I got a gbta from malulu put it in the tank and it opened up beautifuly even had some bubbled up tips
Now on to my clown who is scared of the gbta
Also the gbta wwnt on a road trip He covered about four inches

malulu

NJRC Member
same behavier when i got it... it moved around for about 2 days... then settle down and stay put for about 2 months. it don;t like bright light... it like to stay on the side...
good luck and have fun...

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I once heard (go ahead and laugh) that if you put a picture of a clownfish hosting in an anemone taped to the side of your tank your clown will see the picture, get the idea and host.

It is certainly worth a try! Aeroblnde tried it and it seemed to work for his hopeless pair as well.

Good luck!

As of this mornin he kept getting closer and closer to anem but no touching also he ate some mysis. Also im kinda nervous my first day not being able to moniter its movement.

malulu

NJRC Member
any one have some "sample photo"??
please sent it out... i would like to try it on mine...
thanks.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
What kind of clown do you have, Dave? Worse comes to worse you can probably find one on the internet somewhere.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yup. Aeroblnde did it and it worked within 5m. One helluva coincidence if that is what it was. Certainly worth trying. Find a clown pictured that is as close as possible to the one you have.

malulu

NJRC Member
ReeferNets,
what ever Phyl said, i will follow...
;D

Phyl,
i have a pair of False Ocellaris Clown, I've been checking out on the web last night, printed out few pictures, post it to the tank... but unfortunately, i was out whole day, and did not get a chance to check if it work or not... will let you all know how it goes later...

thx

Could it be that the clownfish know the anemone is in the tank and they dont feel threatened enough to go in it yet. But when they see another clown in an anemone like the one in the tank they want to protect their property.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I don't know why it seems to work. I just know that lots of people have tried it and while nothing is guaranteed, it does seem to lead to the desired outcome!

And don't go doing things just because Phyl does it! LOL! I'm still learning lots myself.

Ive learned on thing in 25 years when a women tell you try something try... Most of the time you ladies take alot more into consideration then us testostorone heads do........... Thanks Phyl ill try it my girlfriend is gonna think im nuts......

hey guys i tried that with the tree out back took a pic of a DOLLAR BILL taped it to the tree all the leaves turned into dollar bills try it might work for you lol

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Great Ham. My finders fee is 50%. You can leave it under the mat.

Thanks!