• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

GENESIS in concert

I don't know if any of you like(d) Genesis, but my husband LOVES them, so I gave him an early Father's Day Gift/Birthday Present and just bought 2 tickets to go see them play at Giants Stadim September 27th. ;D

---
Wendy

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'd love to go see them. John would prefer to stick sharp objects in his ears. I'll have to enjoy them vicariously through you!

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Phyl said:
John would prefer to stick sharp objects in his ears.

So who does he want to see? Kizz? D'oh ;D (sorry Bri...couldn't resist)

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
As much as I enjoyed Phil Collins in the 80's. I'll wait for DMB to come back around and yea baby!!!!!! "THE POLICE".

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
RichT said:
So who does he want to see?

Oh let's see . . . .
  • ANY blues artist - preferably Stevie Ray, but thanks to a crappy helicopter in August of 1990, that ain't gonna happen. So since he's out of the picture - Nuno Mendelis, Tab Benoit, Buddy Guy, Eric Clapton, etc
  • Almond Brothers
  • Little Feat
  • Chirs daughtry
  • Two cats in heat, fighting
  • Genesis with Peter Gabriel
  • Two cats in heat, being tortured
  • Genesis with Phil Collins

Yeah, that's about the right order . . . .

JohnS_323 said:
RichT said:
So who does he want to see?

Oh let's see . . . .
  • Chirs daughtry

OMG!!!! I LOVE CHRIS DAUGHTRY! I'm a member of his website, and when I was notified he was going to play in Philly, I nearly jumped out of my seat. The tickets were gone before I ever had a chance. :'(

---
Wendy

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Getting to see him in one of the "Small" venues he's playing would be spectacular. Sadly we'll have to wait for a larger venue to open up before getting to see him!

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
JohnS_323 said:
Oh let's see . . . .
ANY blues artist -
I'm with you on that. There's a flood in Texas. Sirius Blues is my #3 preset.
I'm also diggin John Mayer lately. But DMB is on top of my current artist list.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
RichT said:
I'm with you on that. There's a flood in Texas. Sirius Blues is my #3 preset.

Sorry to jack the thread but I have a question about Sirius' Blues station. Do they play all current, rocking, Texas Blues? Or is it a mix of old old old school stuff too? The reason I ask is because the XM blues channel, IMO, is almost unlistenable. I don't mind a good Johnny Lee Hooker tune every now and then but they are ridiculous. You'll get one good Texas Blues tune and then 3 from the 20's, complete with the "bacon frying" sound in the background. It's really annoying. They lump Jazz and Blues into the same category and claim to have something like 6 stations. 5 of them are Jazz and one is Blues. I think they're missing the mark. I find it hard to believe the majority of people like BOTH types of Blues. I have to image the old schoolers like the old style and the Texas Flood type like the rock style. Hopefully Sirius and XM will merge and they'll come up with one good channel for each.

OK, you can resume genesis talk . . . .

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
DMB = Dave Matthews Band

Sirius Blues plays everything.
(Sounds the same as you described)

Recent playlist:

Rory Block (i can hear the bacon in the background)
Eric Clapton
Tinsley Ellis
Albert King
Johnny Johnson & Keith Richards
Kenny Wayne Sheppard
Harmonic Shah
Joanna Connor
Stevie Ray

Jazz/Blues Categorie:

70 - Planet Jazz
71 - Jazz Cafe
72 - Pure Jazz
73 - Spa 73
74 - Sirius Blues

Hijack over.

XM and Sirus are merging. This will change things around.

I Love the DMB but my real love is real jazz so XM does that good for me on the REAL jazz channel.

If you want to "taste" one over the other, just check out their web site. You can usually get a free trial of their over-the-web stream. Most channels are usually online.

As for the merger, well, only time will tell. I still can't see this one getting past the FTC. You know, that whole pesky "monopoly" thing. Talk about only leaving one player in the arena.

ReeferNets said:
Since when did the SEGA GENESIS do concerts?

:eek: ROFLOL :eek:

Too funny!

(My kids just bought me Sonic the Hedgehog a couple of weeks ago, the only game I know how to play for the old Sonic commode. LOL)

---
Wendy