• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Georgia Aquarium

Thanks for sharing. I still haven’t been to the Atlanta aquarium but it’s definitely on my to do list. I have been to the Camden/ Long Island / sea world/ Brooklyn/ Baltimore and I had a great time but the Long Island is the only one that has a true
Reef tank with corals. Most of the other places have large fish only display.
The reef tank at Georgia. Had an amazing 160,000 gallon reef tank with a surge and wave maker. It was simply stunning. I could have spent all day in that one room.828FE2F8-94DF-439C-A8A0-2A3F90492326.png

Great shots! Weird, we were very nearly at that Aquarium yesterday as well but our trip fell through. I very much wanted to swim with the whale shark.

Instead we went to the Camden Aquarium. It was great! I hadn’t been there since they opened.

The Camden waterfront looks and feels much nicer than when I went to school there 25 years ago.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Lol. For those reading Dels post. He isn't crazy. The Waffle House in Atlanta is not your typical Waffle House. In fact it actually quite fancy. And the Coca-Cola place is rather cool as well and is adjacent to the Aquarium. So Kudos to you Del. Good looking out brother. Oh and it’s because it’s all in centennial park we’re the centennial olympics were held. There’s torches and all sorts of stuff there it’s pretty cool
make sure to ride the ferris wheel if you are still there !! hehehehe

I agree 100% - this was one of my all-time favorites. If you get a chance try to take the behind the scenes tour. Not sure if they are still doing it now with Covid. Back in 2006 the company I work for helped ship the giant whale sharks from Taiwan to the aquarium. The London aquarium is also pretty cool if you ever get a chance to go.

1606344166738.png

1606344226198.png

1606344331908.png