• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Getting out of the hobby.

Unfortunately I decided to get out of the hobby for the time being. Weekly water changes on a nano tank and battling algae got the best of me. When I have my own house Ill eventually get a larger tank but in the mean time I want to sell off my light, a kessil A160WE Tuna Blue with the spectral controller and the gooseneck stand. They are all in good condition and still have the boxes. I paid $380 for them about a year and a half ago so Id like to get $200 for them. I also have a bulk reef supply 4 stage reverse osmosis system that I bought brand new and never used. Id like to get $100 for that. I live in Hunterdon County between Flemington and Lambertville. Hopefully this is an appropriate place to post this because I couldnt find any other threads of people selling equipment on this site. Thanks.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Hi Cvec!
Welcome aboard, sorry its under the circumstances you describe.
Couple of things...
We do have a 'for sale' section, as well as a 'for trade' and 'free' section, but these are only available to paid members... $12 a year, no big deal. Sure at your prices they'd sell fast enough here, but...
MORE IMPORTANTLY!
WELCOME!
Before you call it quits, we've got a huge base of folks and info here ready to help.
Drop us your tank specs, We know you have a K160 Tuna, a tank of ? size/ composition?/, and an RODI system.
Explain the prob, see if we can help before you give up on the money, time, and enjoyment (it is there eventually).
We have a number of nano/pico folks here, including myself (a 2.5g, a 10g, a 20g, a 25g) - all interesting, all EASY after a small learning curve, I'm happy to help if you're wanting to keep in.
Mark
(in Brick)

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
You said that you have a RODI unit but never used it. What are you using for water?

Hi Cvec!
Welcome aboard, sorry its under the circumstances you describe.
Couple of things...
We do have a 'for sale' section, as well as a 'for trade' and 'free' section, but these are only available to paid members... $12 a year, no big deal. Sure at your prices they'd sell fast enough here, but...
MORE IMPORTANTLY!
WELCOME!
Before you call it quits, we've got a huge base of folks and info here ready to help.
Drop us your tank specs, We know you have a K160 Tuna, a tank of ? size/ composition?/, and an RODI system.
Explain the prob, see if we can help before you give up on the money, time, and enjoyment (it is there eventually).
We have a number of nano/pico folks here, including myself (a 2.5g, a 10g, a 20g, a 25g) - all interesting, all EASY after a small learning curve, I'm happy to help if you're wanting to keep in.
Mark
(in Brick)
Hi, unfortunately I already got rid of most of my stuff. The light and rodi system are the only valuable things left. I live at home and looking to move out soon. Ill get back in the hobby one day and upgrade to a bigger tank.

You said that you have a RODI unit but never used it. What are you using for water?
I was planning on using it but never got around to it. I only had a 10 gallon tank so I just bought rodi water from my lfs. Id use about two gallons a week.