• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

gfo ?

falconut

NJRC Member
I typically buy it at bulkreefsupply, but I'm trying ebay this time. For $12/lb with free shipping I had to try it.

Also I read on another site that the eBay gfo might be gfo that has been used to remove arsenic etc. in water treatment plants. It is then resold for aquarium. I do not know if there is any truth to this, it is just what I read

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I know Champion Lighting is going to be selling bulk GFO very soon. Gary said he will blow BRS prices out of the water. I will try to get more info about it. They will have standard and high capacity GFO.

I know Champion Lighting is going to be selling bulk GFO very soon. Gary said he will blow BRS prices out of the water. I will try to get more info about it. They will have standard and high capacity GFO.

Pls keep us updated. I'm interested in the high capacity gfo. Thanks!!

I get mine from brs and I'm happy with the product. I'm always a little learey with ebay products and not knowing the origin. We all spend a lot of time and money on our systems I would go with a company who's focus is on the hobbyist. I'm a firm believer buying cheap costs you more in the end because of a substandard product. I can just see it now some factory worker bagging up spent gfo from who knows what superfund site and then junking your whole system up

Lostinthedark

NJRC Member
I am using the bulk GFO from eBay. $60 for 6 lbs. No issues. I use the same amount of it that I use to use with BRS and it seems to work exactly the same. I tried it after reading that many users on RC tried it with no problems.

same one I order. no problems with it or issues. reminds me I need to place an order for a new bag.

If you don't need it right away why not wait until Champion comes out with their product...plus we will be having a group buy with them sooner or later.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
If you don't need it right away why not wait until Champion comes out with their product...plus we will be having a group buy with them sooner or later.

its so cheap that I don't mind, I'll probably purchase from champion too if the price is right. can never have enough GFO lol hopefully the GB is sooner and not later, definitely needs some other things besides GFO. haha

falconut

NJRC Member
I just put the ebay stuff in my reactor and it was pretty clean too. I decided to order another lb. today, since this is the last day for free shipping. Can't beat $12 for a lb. of GFO. At least not that I've seen.