• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Ghost of a Coral

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
While cleaning my tank today, I found an Acan that I might have forgotten about. I took it out of the frag rack with the intention to mount it to a disk but forgot all about it. I found it in a very shaded part of the tank. The interesting thing is that, it is pure white and still alive.

Has anyone seen anything like this and will it get it's color back, or am I going to kill it putting it back into the light?

Pic was taken at night, with the lights off, to show the feeders out. I did spot feed it some reef chili tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had something similar happen. i killed it when i moved it into the light. after the fact i figured out i should of gradually moved it back into light

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
It'll recover. Just place it in very low light and gradually move it back into more light. Feeding will speed the recovery...

Had it happen to some zoas,lost all pigment and never gained it back even after moving them back into light. Good luck tho, looks like they have good polyp extention