• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Good deal on Kamoer X1 dosing pumps

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Have two and used one of them. Easy to setup and can be daisy chained together. I am now dosing calc, alk, mag so went with an Jaebo I traded for.

I have three of them that I am using. The only think i am not a fan about them is that they dont work after a power outage until to 'reset them' through connection via blue tooth. I am debating upgrading to the versa...but only i they have the mxm module integration.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I have three of them that I am using. The only think i am not a fan about them is that they dont work after a power outage until to 'reset them' through connection via blue tooth. I am debating upgrading to the versa...but only i they have the mxm module integration.
Valid point on power outage.

Rueric

NJRC Member
I sprung for the wifi version since it doesn't have that power outage issue.. With me being as forgetful as I am, I would likely miss dosing

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I have a couple dosing kalk and they work great.
They are cheap enough that if they brake you can replace them.
I have one on a 20g dosing all for reef.

In regards to the power outage issue - I live in an area that gets brownouts due to weather every once in awhile - just a blip for a second or 2 - so I use a battery back up tower designed for computers for things that I don't want it to be effected by. Saves me the time and hassle of resetting these devices which I have come to appreciate very much, especially when there are more concerning things going on due to the power outage. It's a luxury not to have to worry about the tank (right away). Over the past year I have moved quite a few reef devices over to it and will continue to do so.

Something like this - https://www.amazon.com/APC-Battery-...&qid=1676926327&s=pc&sr=1-4&ts_id=764572&th=1

Just an idea to look into if you are happy with your setup and would rather an alternative to changing it up but still overcoming the problem.