• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

GOOD LEDS FOR MY 65 GAL TANK

I like those ai primes and you can always add more down the line if you need it. I guess it's up to your budget though. I've always bought cheap lights that I'm never happy with - did buy some that I haven't unboxed yet, they seem like a better set since they have a decent controller but again haven't used them yet.

hoping to go the kessil route on my next build.
but you can't go wrong with prime, Hydra, kessil, radion. others will chime in that there's plenty of good lights for less money and they're probably right.

I had a 75 gal with t5 I had to move so I got a biocube it been running for about a month I am really not happy with the size so I think I can fit a 65 gal in the space so I can use all the equipment I had on the 75 except the t5 which is 48 inch so I want to move to leds

I agree with going to the Hydra 32s. Adding another Prime could give you more spread, but for a 24" deep tank, you'll probably want something a bit stronger to light all the way to the bottom. Of course, depends on what corals you're looking to grow. Check out this thread:

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
I agree with going to the Hydra 32s. Adding another Prime could give you more spread, but for a 24" deep tank, you'll probably want something a bit stronger to light all the way to the bottom. Of course, depends on what corals you're looking to grow. Check out this thread:

in theory arent hydras basically 2 AI prime 16s side by side? so your depth break isnt going to change much im curious i had the same concern
you can look into the new R24 90w By current USA i have a R24 52w on my 90 gallon but mines only 20 inches deep with 2 inch sand bed basically 18 inches and that light works pretty well for me given the fact i dont have SPS
prime 16s are nice you would just have to keep them right off the top water level and keep high demanded light corals on the upper portion of your landscape. imo